A BRAND NEW WORKSHOP!
There is a world of materials and texture to be explored, we will show you how to render many effective and really usable textures. Something that you could use on your paintings!
Useful textures on objects that you may need sooner or later… we show you how it’s done with an airbrush!
I have been using so many different kind of textures on my paintings and often i get asked how to do this or that. Same for backgrounds, just love painting them and experiment with the airbrush and other tools.
Finally, due to high requests, we are happy to announce our Texture & Backgrounds effects Workshop!
We will be using mostly Airbrush but we will also explore and experiment with many different art tools and tricks that together will unleash a powerful artistic arsenal to give you freedom and of course lots of fun!
Showing you how to trick the eye with convincing reflections on water, metal, jewels and pearls, magnificent fabrics and laces, skies with clouds, eye with fur around, grass and background effects,
Each study will be a little painting, we will be suing different surfaces like: Claybord, Illustration board (carton), Canvas.
The workshop is from 10-18.30h and we give extra time between 9 and 10 am for those who like to refine their pieces in the morning. Lunch and use of materials are included.
Below some if the things that you will learn in this course:
- build up animal fur
- paint close up skin pores
- paint a glowing/burning object
- paint jewellery with convincing stones and gold
- paint complicated looking fabrics like bridal dresses and laces
- paint water ripples and reflections
- paint background effects
- fabric textures
- how to decipher any kind of organic textures
- how to become creative with textures
Working with colours
- when and how Opaque VS Transparent paint
- to mix your opaque colors for objects
- to work with transparent colours
- to choose the right colour on backgrounds
- prepare a small piece of canvas for airbrushing
- advanced colour studies
AIRBRUSH AND OTHER TECHNIQUES
- The importance of the right transitions
- airbrush material explanations
- use and control of different airbrush spraying patterns
- introduction to brushes and other tools to create organic textures
- tip and tricks for fast and stunning effects
You will receive a syllabus and material list after signing up.
Any Questions about the Course? Ask us!
CHECK OUT THE UPCOMING TEXTURE & BACKGROUNDS CLASS DATES
Textures & Backgrounds
Language spoken: English, Dutch