Koh-I-Noor 1900 Toison Dor Professional Graphite Pencils are premium artist quality pencils ideal for sketching, drawing, writing, arts, graphics, hatching, etc. Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth was founded by Joseph Hardtmuth in 1790. Koh-I-Noor produced the first pencil leads by using a mixture of graphite and clay.
Koh-I-Noors high quality Toison Dor graphite pencils glide smoothly over the paper. These pencils have high opacity and are lightfast along with clean erasing qualities. Koh-I-Noor uses high-grade fireproof ceramic clay and graphite, encased in California Cedar to help prevent breakage, especially when sharpening. Koh-I-Noors 1900 artist pencil has been on the market since decades during which period it has won many awards around the world for its impressive quality.
Koh-I-Noor Toison Dor Artist Pencils come in 20 Grades from 10H (Extra Hard) to 8B (Extra Soft). The softness and darkness of the pencil is determined by the proportion of graphite to clay. Softer grades are best suited for sketching, illustrating and blending as they produce broader and darker strokes, whereas harder grades excel at holding sharp points and are best suited for lithography, technical drafting, architecture and detail work. The HB pencil is ideal for writing and drawing at school.
Koh-I-Noor Toison Dor Pencils have a 2 – 2.5 mm tick lead. The pencil itself is hexagonal in shape and is 7 mm thick. The pencils are pre-sharpened. Made by Koh-I-Noor in the Czech Republic (Europe), these pencils are similar to Staedtler Lumograph, Sanford Turquoise and Berol Turquoise Pencils.
- Made from the finest Hardtmuth Graphite, Exceptional Artist Quality Graphite Pencils, 100% FSC Wood
- Ideal for sketching, drawing, illustrating, arts, graphics, hatching, drafting and writing in schools & offices
- Extremely Smooth, Highly Opaque, Lightfast, high breaking strength and are easy to erase
- Hardness / Grade: 8B-8H, Thickness: 2 mm – 2.5 mm, Length: 175 mm, Shape: Hexagonal
- 8B-3B are for Graphic and artistic purpose, 2B-F are for Office & School Supply, H-10H are for Technical Drawing and Lithographic purposes